How do I create a purchase order based invoice?
How do I create a PO-based invoice?
Click Workbench > Orders (or select another orders-based tile). Perform one of the following actions:
- Click Actions > Standard Invoice to the right of the purchase order or blanket purchase order.
- Click the purchase order number to open it, then click Create Invoice > Standard Invoice at the top or bottom of the page.
Each of these options complete the same action, but you can choose the first step based on your own preferences. After completing the first step, do the following:
- On the Create Invoice page, enter the Invoice Number, Invoice Date and other header-level information about the invoice in the Summary area.
(Optional) Enter header-level taxes, shipping, special handling, and discounts.
- Click View/Edit Addresses in the Summary, Shipping and Additional Fields sections to review or edit address details.
- Add other elements such as payment terms, comments, or attachments by clicking Add to Header and choosing from the available options.
- Enter any other information your customer requests in the Additional Information area.
- Click Update on the top or bottom of the page to update any calculated fields if you add or modify any amount or rate fields.
- Enter or modify line item information for the invoice if necessary.
Once you complete the previous steps click Next to review the invoice before submission.
- Review the invoice and make any final changes.
- Click Submit.
If Create Invoice option isn't available on your purchase order, please see Why isn't the Create Invoice option available on my purchase order ?
To view a Quick Tip video on this topic, please see PO Invoicing Quick Tip.