How do I create an order confirmation?
How do I create an order confirmation? How do I confirm an order?
If an order contains line items or services that are temporarily unavailable or no longer offered, you can confirm the parts of the order than you can fulfill, back-order other line items, or reject line items.
To submit an order confirmation:
- Click Workbench > Orders (or another orders-based tile).
- Click on the PO number you want to confirm.
- Click Create Order Confirmation > Update Line Items.
- In the Order Confirmation Header section, enter a confirmation number. You can also add estimated shipping cost, estimated tax, and comments.
- Choose Enter the shipping and tax information at the line item level if you want to enter the estimated shipping date, delivery date shipping cost, delivery cost or comments for each line item that you confirm.
The next part of the order confirmation is confirming or rejecting these items to inform your customer if their order is possible or will need to be put on backorder.
- Do one of the following:
- For material items, enter numeric values in one or more of the Confirm, Backorder, and Reject fields
- For service items, choose Confirm or Reject.
- Click Details within a line item and do any of the following:
- Edit shipping and delivery dates, shipping and tax cost information, advanced pricing information, and comments.
- For rejected quantities, choose a Rejection Reason. If you select Other for the Rejection Reason field, you need to enter a value in the Comments field.
- Click OK when you have finished updating the line-item details.
- Click Next.
- Click Submit to send the order confirmation to your customer and return to the purchase order details page.
- You can confirm partial orders or update advanced pricing details only if your customers have configured their accounts to allow you to confirm orders or update advanced pricing details at the line level.
- You can confirm partial service orders only if your customers have configured their accounts to allow you to confirm orders at the line level and to enter service details on order confirmations.
- You can partially or fully reject line items only if your customers allow it.