Why isn't the Create Invoice option available on my purchase order?
Why is the Create Invoice option greyed out? Why can't I create an invoice?
Hover your cursor over the Create Invoice button to see more information. There are a couple of reasons you are not able to create an invoice from your purchase order (PO):
- Your customer might not accept electronic invoices on the Ariba Network. View your customer's invoicing rules to see if this is the case.
- Your customer might require you to create an order confirmation, ship notice, or service entry sheet before invoicing. View your customer's invoicing rules.
- A receipt may be required in order to create an invoice. Contact your customer to have them submit a receipt if needed.
- The cXML line in the PO <Extrinsic name="Ariba.invoicingAllowed">No</Extrinsic> prevents invoice creation. View your PO's cXML information to see if this line is the cause.
The transaction rules to look for are:
- Allow suppliers to send invoices to this account.
- Require suppliers to create an order confirmation for the PO before creating an invoice.
- Require suppliers to create a ship notice for the PO before creating an invoice.
- Require suppliers to create approved service entry sheet before creating an invoice.