Enhancements to sourcing events that support large number of suppliers
SAP Ariba Sourcing
SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Suite
- To add and invite suppliers to an event:
You must be a member of one of the following groups:
- Category Manager
- Commodity Manager
- Customer Administrator (access to this group must be approved by SAP Ariba)
- Event Administrator (access to this group must be approved by the SAP Ariba Market Coordination Team)
- Junior Procurement Agent
- Junior Sourcing Agent
- Limited Event Administrator (access to this group must be approved by the SAP Ariba Market Coordination Team)
- Procurement Agent
- Sourcing Agent
- Sourcing Approver
- Sourcing Project Administrator (access to this group must be approved by the SAP Ariba Market Coordination Team)
- To add more than 100 suppliers to the sourcing event, you must set the the following parameter values in the Manage ?Administration ?Intelligent Configuration Manager page of the SAP Ariba Sourcing solution:
For more information, see the Intelligent Configuration Manager parameters reference guide.
Maximum number of suppliers a buyer can invite to a standard-capacity sourcing event or a large-capacity sourcing event is 700.
SAP Ariba supports a maximum of 100 supplier responses for a standard-capacity sourcing event.
SAP Ariba supports a maximum of 125 supplier responses for a large-capacity sourcing event.
SAP Ariba does not support configuring initial bids when the number of suppliers in the event is greater than 100.
When the maximum number of supplier responses supported for the event is 100:
- SAP Ariba does not support email bidding
- SAP Ariba does not support creating optimization scenario
- SAP Ariba does not support editing the event
Please note that suppliers are notified with the following message if their bid response happens to be >= 101th?response for a standard-capacity event or >=126th?response for a large-capacity event:
The event has already received the maximum number of supplier responses. Hence, you cannot submit this response.