This feature introduces the following enhancements to sourcing events to which large number of suppliers are invited:
- Buyers are notified with a warning message about the maximum number of supplier responses supported by the event.
- Suppliers are notified with a message if the event has already received the maximum number of supported supplier responses.
- Buyers are notified with a message when the event receives a bid at the 90%, 95%, and 100% of the allowed supplier response.
- Buyers can select up to a maximum of 100 participants while downloading the Bid Comparison Report, Items Rank Report, Bids Report, and Supplier Response Report for a standard-capacity event.
- Buyers can select up to a maximum of 125 participants while downloading the Items Rank Report for a large-capacity event.
With a large number of suppliers being invited to events both buyers and suppliers should get a predictable experience during event creation, monitoring, supplier response and reporting. Currently, without guidance, both buyer and user could get a poor experience.
Providing a guided, predictable path enhances the buyer and suppliers experience when involved in events where greater than 100 suppliers have been invited to the event.
SAP Ariba Sourcing
SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Suite
You must be a member of one of the following groups:
For more information, see the Intelligent Configuration Manager parameters reference guide.
Maximum number of suppliers a buyer can invite to a standard-capacity sourcing event or a large-capacity sourcing event is 700.
SAP Ariba supports a maximum of 100 supplier responses for a standard-capacity sourcing event.
SAP Ariba supports a maximum of 125 supplier responses for a large-capacity sourcing event.
SAP Ariba does not support configuring initial bids when the number of suppliers in the event is greater than 100.
When the maximum number of supplier responses supported for the event is 100:
Please note that suppliers are notified with the following message if their bid response happens to be >= 101th?response for a standard-capacity event or >=126th?response for a large-capacity event:
The event has already received the maximum number of supplier responses. Hence, you cannot submit this response.
Strategic Sourcing 2108