What is the difference between Basic access and Designated Support Contact (DSC) access
What is the difference between Basic access and Designated Support Contact (DSC) access? What can I do as a Basic user? What can I do as a DSC?
Basic access includes the below abilities:
- Access to the Learning Center for product documentation and knowledge base
- Access to the Integration Toolkit under Product and Resources for data transfer between your company’s applicable solutions and ERP system
- Search for support notes and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) applicable to solutions used by your company
- Subscribe to Announcements for Critical Incidents, News, Maintenance releases, security, and downtime sent by SAP Ariba
- Submit or vote on a new implementation suggestion to SAP Ariba's Product Managers through the Customer Influence tool
- Seek and share expert knowledge of best practices, code samples, and common issues with other users seeking the same in the communal Discussion Forums tool
- Access Reports for an overview of activity, performance and other metrics
- Find available Contacts and Entitlements for your company under the Administration menu
- Ability to view Case description in the list page of My Case and My Company SR’s under Manage Cases
- Ability to view the list page, IMS object page and subscribe to Critical Incidents
- Ability to view the list page related to Solution Change Requests (SCR)
DSCs act as your company's go-to experts on SAP Ariba products, supporting end users with questions, and initiating Cases to engage our Technical Support teams. DSC access includes all Basic access abilities, and the following:
- Create and manage Cases submitted by other DSCs from your company registered to Connect
- Manage environments for on-premise solutions
- Download software for on-premise solutions
If you are a Basic user seeking DSC access, please contact your company's Cloud Administrator, using below steps:
- Log on to SAP ONE Support Launchpad and click Support User Management.
- Click the User tab to access a list of all users from your organization.
- In the Function column, look for Super Administrator (Cloud).
- Contact one of these users to create your account.
Ariba Connect > Ariba Connect User Profile