How is the Ariba Network Transaction fee calculated?
How does Ariba calculate the transaction fee on my subscription invoice?
Transaction fees are calculated as a small percentage of your total annual transaction volume across all customer relationships. Transaction volume is calculated as the total financial value of all purchase orders (POs) (excluding cancelled orders) plus the financial value of all non-PO invoices or all invoices generated from a PO, whichever is greater inside a choreography level.
These fees are billed quarterly and the percentage charged will depend on the type of the account.
Enterprise Account - Standard Relationships:
- An Enterprise account is a full-use account
- Is an account where customer only transact Purchase Orders, PO Invoices, Non-PO invoices and Change Orders.
- It costs 0.155% of the Choreography Base Amount (greater value between Purchase Order Volume and PO invoice volume plus Non PO-Invoices.
Enterprise Account - Critical Relationships:
- On the Ariba Network, the suppliers will be upgraded to a Critical account after submitting Service Entry Sheets and Service Entry Sheet Responses.
- Customers with a Critical account are allow to transact Purchase Orders(Product & Service), PO Invoices, Service Entry Sheets Response & Non-PO invoices
- It costs 0.35% of the Choreography Based Amount. It will be only charged after sending a Service Entry Sheet, and from that specific date that relationship (and only that relationship) will be charged at 0.35%.
- Service orders or service entry sheets are commonly used by suppliers that charge their buyers by line of services.
In order not to penalize high-volume relationships, Transaction fees will be capped at $20,000 USD per relationship, on an annual cycle. The Transaction Activity Report provides detailed information about the transaction volume and documents for all your customer relationships. When you view this report for a quarterly invoice, the report displays the transaction volume and documents for all your customer relationships from the previous quarter. When you view the transaction activity report for an annual invoice, the report displays the transaction volume and documents for all your customer relationships from the past 12 months.
You can see the documents SAP Ariba used to determine the Ariba Network Transaction fee by downloading the Transaction Activity Report from your invoice page.
*For international customers, our transaction levels are available via the Program Overview.
If you have been transacting with a customer since before September 2011, the transaction fees for that buyer will be annual instead of quarterly.
Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration