This feature introduces an intuitive user interface, the Next Gen UI for CLID, that seamlessly integrates with the guided sourcing capability as well as SAP Ariba Sourcing and provides enhanced capabilities for managing contract line items and distributing the line items to external systems. The Next Gen UI for CLID enables users to create and manage multiple contracts, including contracts from different purchasing organizations, in the backend through a single CLID. Distribution capabilities in the Next Gen UI for CLID enables users to send the line items to corresponding purchasing organizations directly from the contract line item document.
Further key enhancements as part of this feature include the ability to:
- create a new contract and contract line items from a guided sourcing event.
- add line items to an existing contract from an awarded event.
- add line items from the material master in ERP-integrated setups.
- edit contract line items in bulk or as inline edits.
- add and edit payment terms in contract line items.
- specify different currencies for a line item.
- export or import line item content by using Excel files.
- access contracts-related information from the Summary section of the For You tab on the dashboard. The Recently viewed section of the For You tab on the dashboard also lists contract documents that are among the four most-recently viewed documents.
The Next Gen UI for CLID is available to members of the Category Buyer group.
Previously, there was a restriction where a Contract Line Item document (CLID) in SAP Ariba Contracts would create a single contract in the backend ERP that it was connected with.
Additionally, the UI for CLID had a few restrictions, specifically around the search and editing functionalities.
The Contract Line Item document (CLID) with the new UI will now support the creation of contract line item documents for materials that can distribute to more than one contract in a single ERP.
Functionalities such as search, bulk edit, bulk delete, and hierarchy will also be supported and enhance the user experience. This saves time in situations where a user needs to search, edit in bulk, and/or distribute the contract.
This feature introduces an intuitive user interface, the next gen UI for CLID, that seamlessly integrates with the guided sourcing interface as well as the legacy user interface (UI) and provides enhanced capabilities for managing contract line items and distributing the line items to external systems.
SAP Ariba Contracts
SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Suite
Ensure that the following prerequisites are met before you start working in the next gen UI for CLID:
The following limitations and restrictions apply to Contracts NXG:
Strategic Contracts 2202
Strategic Sourcing 2202